For the first time, I’ve been nominated for a blogger award, and AAAAAAHHHHH I am so excited! I love seeing these around and they look like so much fun. It’s exciting to get a chance to participate in one! And goodness, big thanks to Ashley @ Ashley in Wonderland for nominating me!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post
QUESTIONS FROM ASHLEY:
1. What’s the first book you remember reading (or having read to you?)
Anyone else remember those cute little Disney picture books? My absolute FAVORITE when I was little was the Bambi book, and I made my dad read it to me every night. It was also the book I started learning to read with (my dad came up to check on me after bedtime and found me under the covers with a flashlight, reading aloud to myself; he thought I’d memorized it until I started reading a different book to him!).
2. Tea or coffee?
So if I answer “neither,” how scandalous is it? Haha, for real, though, I don’t like either. I stick to lemon water in the warmer months and hot chocolate when it’s cold.
3. Do you have any pets? Share a photo of them if you’re comfortable!
I do! I have three pet bunnies named Dusty, Moo, and Squirt! Dusty and Moo are Dutches, and Squirt is a little Netherland Dwarf (and my official words gremlin in training).
Dusty (left) is usually very photogenic but very slow, Moo (middle) is fast and angry and the queen of all she sees, and Squirt (right) is an angel who likes chewing holes in things and then looking so cute you can’t even be mad at her for it.
4. What song can’t you get out of your head or what’s your favourite song right now?
The Gravity Falls theme song! I just introduced my sister to the show, and it’s been so fun to rewatch it. Plus the theme is just so catchy!
5. Do you have a favourite reading snack?
Is it salty? Great, I’ll probably eat it. But I actually don’t snack much during reading (fingerprints on my Kindle? crumbs in my books? NO), so it’s usually a bowl of Goldfish crackers or pretzels before or after.
Or ice cream, I guess, if my favorites have died (this happens more than I want to admit).
6. Have you ever walked out of a movie theatre during a movie because it was so bad?
I never have, actually! Been lucky enough to avoid that.
7. What’s your favourite book to film adaption?
Howl’s Moving Castle! It’s probably the only book to film (book to animated feature in this case) adaptation I’ve really enjoyed. It’s different than the book, but in a way that I love as much as the source! I’m also SUPER EXCITED because The Darkest Minds hits the big screen in August, and I’m really hoping it’s going to be good.
8. What’s your least favourite book to film adaption?
To this day, I’m haunted by how atrocious the Eragon movie was.
9. Library or bookstore?
As a very broke college student, the library, BUT if I had all the money in the world, absolutely a bookstore. I like having my own brand new copies of books when I can.
10. If you could live in any city in the world, where would you choose?
Hmmm… Cities make me nervous, so I’m not totally sure, but I’d at least like to visit Seattle, I think! I’ve heard wonderful things about it from some friends of mine!
11. Do you have any blogging goals for this year?
Yes! Maybe it’s a little simple, but I just want to continue blogging at minimum through next March, to reach the blog’s anniversary. My senior year of college is coming, plus July Camp NaNo (and I’m making August a second Camp NaNo, oops) and regular November NaNo, plus post-grad job searching and…okay I’ll stop here before I stress myself out. Basically, I’m doing the classic “bit off more than I can chew but you can’t stop me” nonsense, but I really do want to commit to all of it. It’s important to me.
I think I’m going to drop down from 11 to 5 since I’m only just properly getting my feet wet in the blogosphere and I’m not super familiar with as many blogs as I’d like. The following blogs, though, are super lovely, and I really encourage you to give them a look!
- If you could choose any superpower at all, what would it be?
- Do you have a favorite plant?
- If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go and why?
- How many languages do you know?
- If you had a time machine that only worked for one round trip, what time period would you go to?
- Besides bookish and bloggish things, what’s your favorite hobby?
- Sunny days or rainy days?
- What’s your favorite meal?
- What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received?
- Favorite book genre?
- Would you rather always have your favorite song stuck in your head forever or always dream the same thing at night?
A big thanks again to Ashley for nominating me and for picking such fun questions! Happy Thursday, folks!